Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MAN IN THE MOUNTAIN

Well, friday we might've had an amazing snowmobile ride, but monday we decided to try something a little different.

Still outdoors... (of course!)...

but how about a snowshoe!

Now, for whatever reason, our household woke up monday morning feeling somewhat LESS than energetic.
I joked around that it was as if we were all hungover, except we watched a movie the night before and went to bed at a regular time.
So needless to say, we didn't hit the snow maybe as early as we could have.


It was warm. Must have been around zero degrees, with no wind.
It wasn't long before we were sweating our way up the Man in the Mountain trail.
It's a good thing we dress in layers!
Also, the dogs were getting a kick out of eating snow to stay hydrated.
On a side note, Remy loves eating snow and ice. She will gladly do that all day. Bear doesn't usually have any interest but even he was enjoying it.




So needless to say, after peeling off some clothes and becoming a bit more comfortable, we continued our climb. The temperature was great, snowing just a little, and the white stuff under our feet was a perfect texture for Bear.
That's important because he's so small.
With the warmer temperature, the snow was wet and staying stuck down underneath our snowshoes.
This way he could easily walk over top of it without having to deal with powder.
It made a true path for his little legs to follow.



We had so much fun! It was only our second real snowshoe of the year, and the first time we did this trail. The air up there is great!

You know me, loving any chance I get to snap a real family photo!
Now, we went all the way up to the pond, as you can tell by this photo. By the time we got here it was already after 3pm, and we wanted to make sure we had ample time to get back down. That peak in the background was the last little bit of the trail to the top, and we are thinking next time we will start earlier so we can tackle it.
Have any of you done it? I did it once before on snowshoes, but that was a couple years ago and the trail wasn't marked well.
So I'm not sure back then we took the proper path.
If we did, it was very steep and hard going, and I'm not sure I want to scrabble up and down. Especially with Bear. It scared me. So I'm hoping that there is actually a more realistic way up. I'd love for us to get to the top! Especially on a day clear enough to see out the valley. That wasn't today! haha

A friend commented on my facebook album for this winter, saying that it looks as if hunny and I are right in love. Well, we are! I blame him though, it's entirely his fault... hehe
I do love him SO much.
Sometimes it randomly occurs to me that I'm going to marry him and it makes me so happy I could burst!

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!
If any of you have information about the man in the mountain hike, that would be most helpful.

Thank you always for all your love and support!

Xoxo.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment