Wednesday, February 16, 2011

KNITTING ROOMIE SNOW

She's on a mission.

Somewhere in the wilds of the world wide web, cutie roomie came across the photo of a really sweet, knit hat. I mean sweet literally, it was a cupcake hat! From that, an idea was born. She was going to learn how to knit. I would do my best to help her! Then again, I'd gladly help her do just about anything.... <3

She began by doing a whole lot of web surfing. Looking for inspiration perhaps, or instructions.
I picked up a copy of Knitting for Dummies at the book store.
She ran to walmart to buy some needles and yarn.
We boiled the kettle.
Oh, and also required a little help from youtube.

A scarf was born.

Now I have to tell you, this was my doing.
I kept insisting that before she could make a hat, she needed to start with the basics.
That would be a simple scarf.
(Good thing my auntie showed me a basic stitch that I could pass along).

Needless to say, the scarf has sorta been put aside.
Once she was warmed up, cutie roomie was on a roll!

Yesterday she started learning her first "fancy" stitch.
She has turned that into a headband
AND IT'S AWESOME!

Isn't it amazing?
Isn't she amazing?!
SO IMPRESSED!

Not to mention that she had a midterm today, and the "not a real midterm" tomorrow.
Haha.
Never fails.



I haven't really gotten a chance to take photos of our snow for you.
I keep meaning to, and as I drive through town I see what would be great pictures!
However, before the snowbank chopper blower thingy came down our street today, I ran up and snapped a photo. 




LOVE SNOW!

Xoxo.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment