Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BE MINE?

I asked him, he said yes!

We have a little bit of a tradition in our house. For Valentine's Day, I bake rob something sweet (like him!). This year I went with a heart shaped cake. What I was really looking forward to the most was making the icing from a borrowed recipe. I've eaten that icing before. mmm mm mmmm. SO good!

I ended up having to pull out the beaters my hunny's dad gave me a while back (but rarely use). I just  couldn't get the right consistency without them, but once they started whipping it was perfect!


Needless to say, there is actually no cake left. Between the three of us, it had a sweet but shortlived life! Now, even by halving the recipe for the icing, I still have probably enough leftover to do another cake. So I'm thinking perhaps cupcakes later this week? As if we need them...


Will you be my valentine?
He said YES!
hehe.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday!
Xoxo.
Leslie.

p.s. My lover went out sledding on saturday and snapped some great photos! I thought I would share some with you.... enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment