Friday, November 12, 2010

REMEMBRANCE

Good Morning Everyone!

Miss me?

Yesterday was Remembrance Day, and what a glorious one it was.

After a wonderful dog walk in the morning, we met up with my hunny's mom to go watch the parade and ceremony in the new Remembrance Square.

I hadn't actually sized it up yet, but until yesterday morning it was still fenced in. I believe there was a complete rush to the last second to get it finished in time.

I've never seen so many people in Corner Brook show up for something outside. Not even the Santa Claus Parade!





I really do need to learn the words to The Ode to Newfoundland. In my defense, I didn't go to school here. Although after being back now 5.5 years, I should have picked up more than just the melody.
I know God Save the Queen, does that count? Ha

Hope that everyone has a beautiful day.
Mine is going to be crazy... bring it on!

Xoxo.
Leslie.

p.s. I have a confession.
I found out about a show next year, and wanted to go see it SO bad.
when my hunny called me 6:30am from work to checkin, I told him about it and he said
"Go! I can stay and hold the fort, watch the animals. You should go!"

I looked it up online. Had to join the 'club' (free of course) to be able to pre-order tickets. I did, and saw that one of two shows was already sold out. These were not even open to the public yet!

Well I took his advice, and booked my ticket.
I was even taking for granted that my best friend Montreal, and his lovely MsB would go with me.
As it turned out, I was right.
The tickets were booked.
and have arrived!


Hopefully I can make it! I'm so excited........!!
Haha.

1 comment: