Sunday, June 5, 2011

SILLY FISHIES

We woke up first thing this morning and the sun was shining!

Here we were, both with today off and good weather - what are the chances?!

Very slim here in Newfoundland!


My hunny and I quickly got ready, and set off with our canoe for a day of fishing!
~First trip of the year~


and of course we brought the dogs along with us!


I can't tell you exactly where we went, for one very incredible reason:
it was probably the best fishing of our lives!
So now we are sworn to secrecy and have a new favorite fishing spot.
The trout were practically jumping into our canoe!


We couldn't remember if Remy had ever gone in the canoe before.
She didn't seem very keen on us moving across the water.
However, once we set the anchor she was gung-ho.

I was musing that because of her general skittishness, if we caught a fish she might be frightened enough to jump out of the boat.
As it happens, the exact opposite was the case.
When Remy saw the fish dangling from the rod over the water, she got so excited she jumped out of the canoe after the fish!



Needless to say, after some great fishing we took the dogs for a swim to cool off and for fun exercise.

The black flies were really bad.
Poor Bear always manages to get bitten around his eyes, and they were swelling up.
Remy had a few bites on her nose.
I had fly dope and wasn't afraid to use it on myself either.

Either way, I now know exactly what we will be having for supper tomorrow night!


I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Xoxo.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment