Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Building A Bear

I will take full responsibility for this one.


I vaguely remember Build a Bear from when I was in Arizona a lifetime ago, and I've heard people talking. In fact, when we were over at Martin and Amanda's place, Amanda mentioned to me about Build a Bear and the different ones that my nephew has in his collection.

Now, in my defence, we were headed to that mall anyway - so it wasn't a special trip.

My little brother and my hunny were with me, and I warned them that I wanted to check this Build A Bear thing out!


(My little brother, the day we arrived)
 *BIG GRIN*

So we went in, picked out the skin of the animal we wanted. You wouldn't believe how many there are to choose from!

The lady asked how hard the stuffing would be, and I said since it wasn't going to be hugged or played with we'd go fairly firm.

She asked the name of our Bear, and my hunny suggested BUDDY.

Then because it was OUR bear, we then had to proceed to rub a little heart all over ourselves to wish our Buddy Bear the best of health. (I probably wouldn't have minded skipping that part).

Then you gave him a brushing and an air bath.



Finally you got to pick out his outfit and accessories. This is trickier than you'd imagine - mostly because they have umpteen zillion options.

At one point my little brother decided he'd be the photographer for this main event. Luckily we didn't try on very many outfits before we figured out what we wanted.



and you wouldn't believe all the accessories and options for these Bears...

Everybody meet BUDDY!



Now he's sitting at home on our bureau, reminding us of our great trip.

My hunny even came up with the cute suggestion that perhaps we could make it a tradition each year. Then give the little Bears a small shelf in the corner of our bedroom.

For those of you that have no idea to what I'm referring, here is their website:

http://www.buildabear.ca/


Xoxo.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment